Baby! Where are you?

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Lucky Two


Here they are. Hector and Thelma. The only two who made it. A.M's guess was a bit out eh? I must admit to being a little shocked that there were none to freeze but I'm really not complaining, it is such a relief that we had a transfer. I think they look O.K. It's hard to know really because the good Dr.B and his nice nursies seem to always paint a positive picture. According to Dr.B the one at the bottom is the most well developed. The top one is lagging behind.
Only getting two is a shock for me because we rarely lost embryos at the 2 day stage. Perhaps this could be our problem. Maybe our embies do look lovely and strong at 2 days but decline rapidly after that and never make it to bastocyst. This does seem to be a fairly standard result from people I have spoken to, but I'm really not sure.
I have a good feeling about these little fellas.

Now on to something gross.
Last night, as you may be aware I was backed up beyond belief. Well, I think I overdosed on those laxative concoctions. At about 2 a.m I awoke feeling sick. I wrangled and writhed with my insides for an hour. After much grunting and groaning there was some action but it was just little rabbit poo type droppings. Aaah, there was no satisfaction. I fely sick and totally backed up still. 20 mins later the cramping started again...with a vengeance and after a major dizzy spell, serious sweating and some guttural moans I wrangled the remaining beast out.
Then I was left with explosions every 10 mins. All night.
Action Man was a bit supportive. Although he didn't get out of bed he did say "Betty you are doing well" every now and again. Humph.
It was an early start for us to get down to Hobart for our 9 a.m transfer (2 and half hour drive) and the squirts continued until we left. I was so concerned it would continue on the drive and even...at worst...at the clinic. Oh how disgusting that would be.
All was well but tonight I still feel sick. I hope Hector and Thelma are O.K down there.

tomorrow is my darling Action Man's birthday. What might an Action Man be doing on his birthday you may wonder? A triathalon of course. And not just an ordinary civilized triathalon, oh no. Action Man will be completing a 14km mountain bike ride, an 11km white water paddle and a 9km run. He's nuts! Seriously it's a great day and a wonderful thing for him to do with his brother and some mates. I'm happy to stick with the wives doing the support role thing. It's great to watch...and read a few dodgy mags...and do a little gossiping...and eat a bit of trash. Te...he...he...he

5 Comments:

  • What lovely little blasts! Fingers crossed for you!

    Glad you, um, cleared things up (out?) before the transfer. I'm going to share with you H's sage assvice to me after my first transfer. "Don't push too hard when you poop- or maybe don't even go." I suppose he thought I could dislodge any implanted embryos? Which led me to wonder how he thinks everything is connected down there.

    Happy Birthday to AM.

    By Blogger Kris, at 9:35 pm  

  • Going on holiday, don't know if there is internet at club, but good luck again, never saw fertilised eggs at this stage in the game :)
    Kris, know what ur H meant about dislodging them, had that fear myself, although I don't think it's actually possible, but better safe than sorry!

    Take care...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 pm  

  • It just blows my mind that those little fertilised eggs could result in a baby! And that they know how they are developing. Oh Betty, I will pray for the little ones!

    Hope you are recovering from the runs! I had them myself a week ago!

    By Blogger Eggs Akimbo, at 12:47 am  

  • Congrats on the blasts. They do look lovely!

    By Blogger Hopeful Mother, at 6:49 am  

  • Your blasts are beauties...

    I hated the laxative concotion they made me drink.

    I hope Hector and Thelma are sticky sticky blasts...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home