Baby! Where are you?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

IVF #3

Result=11 eggs (happy with that)
Fertilization=9 (exactly the same as last time)
Now we are onto the blastocyst stage which we have never done before. Tomorrow, which ever ones are still alive will go into some blastocyst culture where they will hang out for the rest of the week. No one will disturb them, will not move them or even look at them under a mircroscope in order to give them the best chance of survival. We have been told to drive to Hobart Saturday for our transfer but they will be unable to tell us if any have survived until we get there. They seem like fragile little buggars. Here comes a week of nail biting! Action Man and I have placed out bets, the wager being washing up for a week! I am thinking 4 will survive. A.M is going for 100%!

Action Man and I had a great weekend. We stayed in a fancy hotel, slept in, lolled around and made love. The highlight however was cooking ourselves a meal in the kitchenette. We have been coping with our makeshift kitchen for so long that it seems normal. To use a stove, sink, fridge and dishwater all in the one room was a novelty of huge proportions!!
The engagement party was fun and it was lovely to catch up with some folks I haven't seen in a while. It's not so much fun being the sober driver at the end of the night, driving drunkards around! Lots of screaming and yelling in the back of my little car but I got them back with a few tight circles in the car park. I stopped when I realised this could result in vomit in my car! Urg!
A.M went bike riding and I went out for arvo tea with my friend A. She took me to the top of Mount Nelson where there is a lovely old cafe. I had never been there. The view was superb and the afternoon tea delightful.
A.m, A and me went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. I just loved the first one. Johnny Depp is a babe of a pirate, he really is. The second one was good but not as good as the first, as sequels tend to be. I still recommend it. Awesome costumes.

I'd be delighted if you could keep your fingers crossed for me!

6 Comments:

  • Well done on the googies, great result!!

    By Blogger LiL Moo & Mee, at 8:24 pm  

  • Yah! Great news on the embryos!

    Crossing everything that they grow nice and strong for transfer...

    By Blogger S, at 12:34 am  

  • Crossing fingers, toes, I'll even braid my hair. Great news on the embies. Grow babies grow!

    By Blogger Kris, at 2:53 am  

  • GO EMBIES GOOOOO!!!!

    You have a lovely, lovely attitude. I hope you're able to remain this positive. You and AM should honeymoon throughout the 2ww.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 am  

  • Congrats on the embryos. My fingers are crossed for a good result...

    By Blogger Hopeful Mother, at 3:10 am  

  • GOOD LUCK! Got all my fingers crossed for you, stay positive :)

    Regards

    Artblog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home