Baby! Where are you?

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

There goes a little angel

As I wallowed in the grief of another failed cycle my friend B and her husband were dealing with a leak of amniotic fluid. Their 19 week fetus was in great shape but the hole in the sac surrounding it let in an infection and B was induced yesterday. It comes as a terrible shock. The 20 week scan would have been today but instead they are dealing with their loss.
I spent lots of time last night with B and her husband in the delivery room which is especially accustomed for family and friends supporting loved ones in this position. B wanted her friends and family with her. There were 9 females in the room including her mother, 2 sisters, a baby niece and 4 friends. My husband came later. The healing that went on in that room with the laughter and tears was incredible.
It's over now but it goes without saying that the mourning of the loss of their little boy will continue.
Goodbye little fella, your Mum and dad will miss you.

7 Comments:

  • I am so sorry for both you and your friend. That is just too, too sad.

    By Blogger Kris, at 9:34 am  

  • Oh hun, I am so sorry for your friends. I hope the healing session goes a long way to helping them cope with such a big loss. My heart to you all.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 9:45 am  

  • Betty - How awful for them. It must be a hard time for you all round right now.

    Good luck with things.

    By Blogger Meg, at 8:16 pm  

  • Oh God, I can't imagine a pain that intense.

    Your friends are in my thoughts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 pm  

  • My heart goes out to your good friend B.

    Words aren't enough to ease their loss but when they have good friends (like yourself) and a supporting family it goes a long way to help ease a bit of their heart ache.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 8:26 am  

  • From someone who had the same thing happen at 16w after 6 ivf transfers I send so much love and strength her and her partners way.

    By Blogger LiL Moo & Mee, at 9:27 pm  

  • God that is just awful. You are a good friend Betty. I just don;t know how I would get through that.

    By Blogger Eggs Akimbo, at 8:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home