Baby! Where are you?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

One week later

Right I'm back. I've had my little hissy fit from this failed cycle and it's time to move on. Also I have been busy with those dratted parent teacher interviews. I have been getting home at 7 and 8 p.m this week which doesn't leave much time for blogging.
Thankyou lovely bloggie friends for your supportive comments. I really appreciate them. I also really needed them.
The day after my period I rang the clinic to tell them it was over and also to ask them about the effects of pregnyl on the psyche. Man, I was bad. I was hosestly concerned that I might not have come out of the depression that sat over me. It was truly horrible. It just makes me wonder if some permanent damage could be done. You hear about people who have a disposition to depression or other mental illnesses which can be bought on with the use of illicit drugs. I know fertility drugs are not illicit but they are still mind altering so it just concerns me. Mind you I never had any signs of depression until I became IF. What do other people think about this? Is anyone else having worsening side effects as time goes on?

The good Dr.B and my nice Nursie has suggested an artificial cycle (geez I wasn't aware that the other one was natural) as it tends to be better for some people.
As Dr.B is off on holiday (well deserved but how dare he!) we are trying to squeeze this FET in before he goes. So I have been on Progynova tablets since day 2 of my period.
My scan to check the lining was this Monday but yesterday Action Man received an invitation to go to Canberra and meet the Prime Minister!! There are 800 hundred people from Tasmania who are invited. It's an afternoon tea to thank those involved with the rescue of the two miners stuck under ground in Beaconsfield. Although Action man worked at the site he didn't actually do anything except eat pizza and talk to the relatives!
Anyway, the expectation is that he does attend. He has also been asked to take a partner which is where my scan fits into this story!!
I just knew there was no chance of getting an earlier appointment so I didn't feel hopeful. I left for work complaining to A.M that IVF rules our life and it's not fair that I can't go.
A.m rang to change the appointment (I usually have the scan at a centre in my home town so I don't have to make the long journey to Hobart). As that was no good he rang my nice nursie in Hobart. She told him that under no circumstances was I to miss this and that I could come to Hobart for my scan this weekend.
So A.M rang me at work to let me know it was all o.k. The next hurdle was my boss. I told her the story and that I also possibly needed a day off for a transfer in the same week. She was amazingly supportive and sorted out my leave.
So I'm off to Canberra on Monday to watch my husband shake hands with the Prime Minister and to enjoy a lovely afternoon tea.
A friend from my work will also be there supporting her husband who was invited, as well as A.M's mum who was the nurse who treated the guys when they came out of the mine. It should be a good day.
I haven't caught up with everyone's blogs over the last week but I was thrilled to read Thalia's great news. It' is encouraging to read about people moving on.

4 Comments:

  • I honestly believe that the drugs mess me up. I never bothered to research it because FEELING it was truth enough.

    I hope you have a nice time in Canberra.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 am  

  • Yeah I'm sure the drugs led to depression and stuff.

    Sorry about the failed cycle. PGD is when they grow the embryos to day 3 and take a cell out and test it for genetic problems. They can only test for 8 markers so it's not fool proof. They then put back only the ones that are ok. Also it's very expensive, Medicare doesn't pay any of the costs.
    Have fun in Canberra.

    By Blogger MC, at 3:34 pm  

  • Have a good time in Canberra. It's a lovely city.

    I hope you have a little time to look around.

    The Great Hall at the new parliament house is beautiful.

    Bad luck on the failed cycle.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 9:18 am  

  • Hey mate
    Sorry I was slow in catching up with you. :(
    I had shitty few weeks too. But keep your spirits up - its the least we can do at the moment since we are at the mercy of our bodies.
    Not sure if this helps - but the only time I got a little lucky (my chemical pregnancy) - I was on estrogen tablets (Progynova). It makes the lining nice and rich - for me it worked better than any other drug eg Clomid. Hope it goes well mate.
    Excellent news on the miners isnt it?

    By Blogger Drew, at 3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home