Baby! Where are you?

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Triplets, miners and bad dogs

We traveled to Hobart on Friday night for our transfer on Saturday. We stayed at a friends house and strangely I ended up having a toke on her joint-very out of character for me at this stage in a cycle. Man it was good though, we giggled like maniacs and drove Action man crazy because he didn't have any and so was in a very different space to us.
In the morning I joked to the good DR.B that because we have down sized our car and have knocked the kitchen off our house (due to snail pace extension) we would be likely to have success and it would probably be triplets (2 frozen and one made on our own). Dr.B Was aghast to say the least. I guess it would be very scary.
Just one, I just want one.
I finally got to grill Dr.B about the endo I had removed in April. He said it was quite a lot, more than he had expected. He said I had a very healthy uterus other than that, so much so that it was nearly impossible to tell I had had whopping big fibroids taken out. So that was good news. He still would not commit with an answer regarding endo and it's effect on my fertility.
So we can only hope these embryos or one of them will take.
Hope hope hope.

Still the miners families in Beaconsfield are hoping. Action man went there to work (he's an Ambulance officer) the other day. He was blown away by the media circus that surrounds this disaster, especially by the cut throught tactics that some journo's use. There was a rumour that a $10,000 prize was to be offered to anyone who could sneak photos of the men from the mine.
There is not much rock left but it has to be chipped away by hand because of the very real danger of another rock fall. As close as the men are to being rescued this is the most dangerous part of the rescue.

This morning I have been driving all over the neighborhood looking for my naughty dog Rodger and his mate Trevor. Trevor is B's dog and she left him with us so that she and her husband could go and visit her sister who just had a baby. Trevor and Rodger love each other and are mostly good dogs. Rodger has some bad issues with little dogs-especially if they are on a lead. It's a bit dangerous but we keep him well controlled to avoid any problems. Trevor is happy go lucky but is an escape artist.
This morning the boys disappeared. I think they may have jumped the fence, something that Rodger has never done before.
I drove around and called for them. I was glad it was raining so that no old ladies would be out walking there fluffy little dogs. I rang the RSPCA and also my friend E who lives near the park so that she could watch out for them. Action man and his partner drove around in the Ambulance in between jobs.
I was beside myself but I didn't ring B.
Eventually the RSPCA rang with details of a lady who had just found 2 dogs fitting the description of Rodger and Trevor. I buzzed around to her house to collect 2 very excited, wet and oh so smelly pooches.
They are now chained to Rodger's kennel and I am not thinking of letting them off in the near future!

2 Comments:

  • I hope you have success with the transfer. Triplets would be a challenge.

    What naughty dogs. Short lived freedom.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 11:47 pm  

  • Good luck hunny

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home