Baby! Where are you?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

....am very happy for my friends...

Jeepers, is there anyone else out there who has been infertile long enough to notice that all their friends and acquaintance's pregnancies occur at similar times, in sets, or spates, like some kind of virus or infection?
An old and good friend just rang me to tell me of her pregnancy and also of her SIL's pregnancy (I know her too). That means if I add up all the people who are or were (due to miscarriage) pregnant, amongst people I know, and who are/were due between October and December the number is...6!!! What was going on in January, Feb and March and WHY didn't I catch that disease????
that's not to mention the 3 I know who are dropping in June.
This happened before a year or so ago when I had 3 friends due days apart in January and another 3 due weeks apart in September last year.
Maybe it's something about the moon?
Aaaahhhhh. Musn't complain or begrudge.
Must repeat...am very happy for my friends, am very happy for my friends...am very...

4 Comments:

  • I'm repeating the same thing... At church there are 3 of "them" who were pregnant when we moved here, and are expecting their 2nd pregnancy babies in june & july... *sigh* I am happy for them-- but it sure sucks that I can't be one of them.. :)

    By Blogger Melzie, at 5:55 am  

  • You and frog legs are much better women than I. Sometimes I can't even tell myself I'm happy for them -- I'm selfish and feel only miserable for myself. I hope to be more like you someday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 am  

  • Lord, do I remember that chant.

    I am happy for my friends...

    I couldn't help but finish it with...

    but I also want to punch them for making IF hurt me even more! Hang in there!

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 8:22 am  

  • Oh, yeah, it's like a fungus-it spreads and there's nothing, absolutely NOTHING you can do about it.

    It's so hard to be happy for others, especially when it's their second (or third) child and you're still trying for your first. I know that mantra very well. Usually, I just smile and seethe inside......

    By Blogger S, at 7:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home