Baby! Where are you?

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Motorbike madness

Last night I went out with my friend Leisa. She is always around to pick up the pieces when my cycle fails. She drinks with me and gives me ciggies which I think I need because I have gone without. I don't actually smoke but I think that after being sooooo good all the time (caffeine free, gluten free, type a diet, no booze) the little rebel in me pops out. I just love that feeling of being naughty!
Anyways Leisa and I went to see the Crusty Demons! Neither of us have any interest in motorbikes or had any real desire to see them but there was a lot of hype surrounding this big event in little Tassie. So we went. And what an amazing time we had. Those crusty demons are so skilled, their stunts took my breath away and made my stomach lurch! The crowed was going wild and the atmosphere was awesome. We both agreed it was money well spent.
We also had fun hiding from our husbands who were there but on a Buck's night. They eventually spotted us and gave us big kisses before running off into the night!
Sadly, I just heard on the news that a semi carrying most of the motorbikes had a terrible crash on the way to Burnie today and the driver was killed. What a terrible blow for the Crusty Demon company.

2 Comments:

  • Betty
    You hang in there sista. I am glad you find your vice (ciggies, caffiene, anything). I hang loose when I am not cycling - I drink, I eat nasty foods, I sulk. Heck - anything to help me get through another dud cycle.
    Oh and shoes too - but I have cut down significantly recently due to storage issues.
    Hang in there. This is OUR year.

    By Blogger Drew, at 1:15 pm  

  • I am so jealous that you went to the Crusty Demons while they were in Tassie!!! I so wanted to go while they were in Launceston but by the time hubby and I called it was standing room only and we couldnt get anyone to look after the kiddies that late for that long..bummer!!! I really hope they come back here one day so I can see them (I am a motorbike fiend..Love moto, WSB and people like the Crustys!)

    Katt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home