Baby! Where are you?

Thursday, February 23, 2006

fed up

I've had it with IVF.
It sux.
I went to see Mr. Dildohead today and only one follicle has been stimulated and all it had to show was a single size 11. I've never reacted to Goanl F so poorly before.
So the good Dr.B told me I need to keep taking Gonal and then have another ultrasound on Monday. he was very positive. I told him what my boss said and he was very cross. He told me not to give up and that she has no right to interfere. I'm freaking out about taking time off work, especially after what my boss said to me, so I twisted the arm of the lady on the other end of the phone at my local hospital to fit me in after work on Monday.
It seems to be so hard to get an ultrasound which fits in with my schedule. I'm sick of always fitting in with them. Anyway I got an appointment after school but it stressed me out to be making all these frantic phone calls with kids in the room, which I had to do because everything closes after the kids go home. Dr.B gave me his home fax where the results must be sent immediately and then I am to ring him on his mobile in the evening and he will tell when to take the trigger... or not. There's a chance we could miss it because I can't get an ultrasound on Sunday unless I drive 2 and a half hours to Dr.B personally.
I told Action man whats the use of wasting all that time (5 hours) and petrol money to go to him when it never works anyway.
I'm feeling very shitty today.
We probably should go. We are going camping with friends and I don't want to miss out. I'm weary of changing my plans for all of this.
It doesn't help that my close friend E told me she is pregnant with her 2nd child yesterday. I'm happy for her. It's great. She makes cute babies and is an inspiring mum.
The bit that sucks is that she got pregnant on MY wedding night and after being home with her husband for only a week after being away for 6 weeks. She said it's because she wore the sexy bra she got for Xmas. I've tried sexy bras and they don't make me pregnant.
I must add that E is terrific. She told me about her pregnancy straight away and she's been through all of this with me enough to know how I feel. She's real and human and she lets me be like that to. I'm kind of jealous of her but that's o.k.
Again it just makes me wonder why this isn't working for us and yet it is so terribly simple for so many people. Man loves woman, woman loves man, woman and man make love. Woman gets pregnant. How much more shit do I need to put up with before I have a baby in my arms.
My enthusiasm is waning and sometimes I wonder if I want a baby at all if this is the legnth I have to go to.
I'm not sure how long I can do this for.

1 Comments:

  • Betty, I can't believe your boss has the audacity to ask you how long you are going to keep trying. Grrrrr...

    I feel so lucky my boss was so supportive of all of my early a.m. u/s and bloodwork appointments. Yes, it is terribly stressful and sometimes you do have to wonder. Hang in there, friend. Sometimes with Gonal-F, slow and steady wins the race!

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 10:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home