Baby! Where are you?

Monday, February 06, 2006

Hello

Hi. I'm glad you have found me. It's Betty here from Betty's Blues. I've had a little bit of a change of scenery for my blog and this is why.

I made a very bad decision to give my address to a 'sort of friend' who seemed very interested and so at the time it seemed right. The problem was that she started to give me advice and to refer to comments in my blog in person which made me feel really uncomfortable. Also, as blogging is a place to vent and on an infertility blog it is usually quite harrowing, this person began to assume I was always a wreck and I have become the sorrowful friend. Urg.
I found that I was holding back on a lot of stuff I wanted to say, even to the point of not feeling like writing about latest IVF stuff, just because I didn't want her to know. So I just didn't feel like writing at all because I didn't want to be the latest saga for my voyeuristic friend.
My fault entirely so here I am with a title that is perhaps a bit more positive sounding than Betty's Blues, and that's a good thing.

My last post on Betty's Blues was about my wedding to the handsome Action man.
A few days before the wedding we went to see our IVF Dr to regroup about our treatment. So far we are 2 stimulated and 3 frozen cycles down with no success.
I was really feeling like giving up, mostly because the emotional stuff is like torture. Dr.B Told us it is still early days (aaahh) and that if we gave up now he would feel like he has not done his job properly. Then he said that he is almost 100% sure IVF will work for us. Well, Dr.B that's a mighty big call but I hope you are right.
So...I was going to have 2 months off but it ended up only being one. Dr.B gave me a bit more confidence and while it's school holidays we thought it best to have a go.
I had a frozen transfer last Tuesday. It was a 2 day 4 cell embie which grew into an 8 celler over night. The staff were very excited about that and I pretended to be but I really wanted to say "come on guys, cut the enthusiasm we've been down this 8 cell road before" but I was trying to be positive.
We (Dr.B, Action Man, nice nursie and I) all had a bit of a laugh about the name we have given this embie. It's Bruce. Dr.B Suggested Brucine for a girl. Have any of you been in the unusual position of laughing with speculum inserted? Ouch, not a good look. And as the stupid conversation continued I had almost got my self into that dreadful state of uncontrollable laughter which involves tears and a shaking belly. Oh I really had to muster all of my self control to avoid loosing the speculum!
Dr.B completed the session by saying "I think this is going to work I can feel it in my bones". Dr.B I hope you are not raising my hopes too high and I hope you are right!
So now I am 6 days into my 16 day wait. Bloody hell it's a long time, especially when on holidays. I've had a few low days. I guess it's all hormonal. It's weird how the emotional stuff and the depressive stuff just sneak up and grab me any old time of the day. I certainly don't wake up and know that I am about to have a shit day. Mostly I have been fine and I have been keeping myself busy to try and make the time go faster. It doesn't feel like it's going faster though!

4 Comments:

  • Hi Betty!

    Glad that I found this-let me know if I can link the new site onto my blog, just in case the voyeur friend stalks other blogs you read.....

    Good luck with the wait-this whole thing just sucks. Actually, not meaning to sound like those horribly positive "babydusters", but the one and only time that I got pregnant was a frozen cycle during summer holidays. I did my two fresh cycles during the school year, and they both failed. Sometimes I wonder if the reason the FET worked was because I wasn't working and had no stress.......you never know.

    I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it will work for you-you and Action Man certainly deserve it.

    By Blogger S, at 12:52 am  

  • All we ever do anymore is wait -- and the time goes beyond crawling... It oozes, imperceptibly, toward some unknown...

    sigh. I so know how you feel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 am  

  • Betty,
    So glad to find you! I can relate to the friend finding your site. I have been contemplating changing my username to a more alias name in case people start looking! So far, no one knows I blog.

    It sure sounds like your Dr is confident, which is great! I hope you find more confident days than sad days during this 2ww. Go Bruce, go!!!

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 10:08 am  

  • Well hello! It took me a little bit to track you down, but here I am.

    Let me know if it is okay to link your new blog to my list.

    Good luck in the superlong wait. I will cross everything that this is the "one".

    How is married life treating you?

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home