Baby! Where are you?

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hope for healthy tubes

Geez my blogs have been a bit dreary.
I am starting to get my head around the whole laparoscopy thing. Action man is alarmed about the prospect of loosing tubes but I'm trying to make him understand that if they are faulty they are no good to us any way. I'm not great at remembering the details of what Dr.B tells me and Action man, being an Ambo, needs to know the medical ins and outs. I think A.M might need his own phone discussion with the good Dr.B (who I don't feel like yelling at anymore).
Luckily my Lap is booked for the Thursday before Good Friday which of course is a public holiday. Therefore I need only take one day off instead of 2. Phew!
It's no drama to take time off except that I only have a set number of sick days. People accumulate them but I have none accumulated from all of my IF adventures. Once I use them up it's leave with no pay for me. Not such a big deal if it's a day here and there but a bummer if I get really sick.

I just had afternoon tea with three of my girl friends and I told them about the latest in my saga. They were really supportive and thought it is a good idea to find out whats happening in there.
I found out at afternoon tea that a friend of my friend is finally pregnant. She has been IF for 3 years too. She has tried everything under the sun including IVF. Her husband has low sperm count. The latest thing they have been doing is some herb program. It's through a company based in Melbourne. the herbs are something wonderful from south America. They are taken with vodka but the alcohol is boiled out. She has been doing it for 2 months and was told to give it 3 months. It seemed to have worked. Or maybe it was just time. Wow. How exciting for them.
Perhaps I need to get me some of those herbs... If I still have tubes left after the lap.
I've just burnt my pasta (gluten free of course) and its stuck to the bottom of the pot. The house smells now. That's what I get for multi tasking. I am a shocking multi tasker. I often have several things on the go at once and because I'm not focused something usually goes wrong. Sometimes I think I might have ADD because I can never sit still. I find going to the cinema quite hard and meetings very frustrating.
The office lady at work told me that the reason I probably don't put any weight on is because I'm always moving. Even if I'm sitting down my leg is kicking or I'm fiddling with something.
No wonder I get so stressed at times!! Reading that back I sound like an absolute freak. I do hit a wall at about 8.30 p.m and stop completely though!! Then I don't move much at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home