Baby! Where are you?

Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm still here (waving arms furiously)

Helloo hellooo hellooo
After whining about not getting comments I haven't managed to write since as I had a major computer melt down. Luckily I have a computer fix it friend who...For a bag of Easter eggs...Has fixed the bloody thing for me. So I am back on track!
Update on latest cycle. Ended up meeting with Mr.Dildohead 3 times, increasing dose of gonal and stretching it all out for another week in order to grow decent sized follicles. Had my transfer last Tuesday. I took my good friend Em with me. Em comes from France and since she has lived in Tas for 2 years but had not yet been to the Hobart. Action Man was unable to come (first time ever) so I took Em for support but also for her first trip to Hobart. Em has a beautiful little girl who is 14 months old. She came too and didn't groan once about the long car journey there or back!
Em and bub came into the procedure room with me and got to see the embryo on the screen before it went in. of course for me it's not as much of a big deal (still a little deal) anymore but it was delightful to receive Em's positive vibes about seeing the beginnings of life in front of our very eyes.
Em also pointed out how amazing it was that it was my 7th transfer, we have 7 embryos left, the embryo that went in had 7 cells and it was the 7th of March! Also I put my money in parking meter number 7. I hope that's a good sign!
There is another good sign about this cycle.
A friend of mine who was IF was given some parsley seeds that had grown for two IF women previously who both produced babies when the parsley grew. My friend also found out she was pregnant when the parsley finally grew. I planted my seeds last SEPTEMBER and they have been stunted little brown curly things in all that time. A few weeks ago Action man moved the pot of parsley as it was in the way of the extension work he is doing. He moved it not far from the original spot which is as equally shady.
Well...that parsley has finally grown! It's green and curly and thriving!!
Every IVF cycle I seem to come up with signs as to why it's going to work. Last time it didn't work I felt I had totally exhausted any repertoire of lucky signs.
This time I have the best one ever!!!

4 Comments:

  • Hey Betty:

    Glad to hear that everything's okay with you-I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes for this transfer!

    By Blogger S, at 10:46 am  

  • Good luck this time.

    That parsley growing is certainly a good sign.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 3:43 pm  

  • Sounds good. I hope everything works out.

    By Blogger MC, at 11:44 am  

  • Hey chicky. Glad you posted on my blog - I had trouble finding your blog addy. I have linked you now, so you can't get away. hehe

    Hope all goes well. I am crossing fingers and toes for you. Take care.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home