Baby! Where are you?

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The perils of teaching

I have been a teacher for about 11 years now and I pretty much thought I had seen everything. That was until yesterday....I was leading my Kinder/Preps out of our hall where we had watched a performance (the hall had been very hot). One of my boys came up to me with a look of alarm and a handful of spew, spew dripping down his face.
Yucky but not an uncommon sight for a teacher of littlies.
Then someone said "oh Annie has spew on her back". When I looked there was not one but two girls who were covered in spew from their hair right down their backs. Talk about a projectile vomit. Much coffuffle followed as the bell had just gone, our classroom was full of parents, the little girls were sobbing and I had 28 children tangled in the confusion. Luckily someone's kind granny went into spew cleaning overdrive so I could deal with seeing children safely out the door.
What a whirlwind!

On other news I joined a gym today...First time in a long time. It's a Curves gym which you have probably heard about since there are over 9000 branches world wide. I feel kind of impressed with myself. My figure has been suffering from all of this IVF treatment and I've probably used it as a bit of an excuse not to exercise. I really think I need to loose some weight ( 5 kg and 21 cm of fat I have found out today from my figure analysis) so watch this space. Here goes!!!

2 Comments:

  • I can sympathise with the projectile vomit bizzo as miss 3yrs almost 9mths did the same in the car about 2 weeks ago and got the grandson who was sitting beside her.

    She was a sick little vegemite for a few days with a trip to hospital to rehydrate her as well.

    Stay well.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 10:30 pm  

  • Spew IS Nasty! Those poor girls that just happened to be standing in front of the sick little boy! :) This year for some reason, I have had 3 kids projectile vomit in my classroom & one girl pee her pants 3x (of course after our big "mandatory" testing she stopped)-- that has never happened before!

    I know alot of people that swear by Curves. Hoping it refreshes you and you feel like kickin' butt and taking names in a few weeks of training! :)

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 6:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home