Baby! Where are you?

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

all in a rush

I had my scan with Mr.Dildohead today. It was over in 2 mins which has never happened before. Usually there is much poking, prodding and pushing to find all the necessary bits. Surprisingly I had a very thick lining of 12 mm (never been that thick before) and one big egg (21 mm). When I rang the clinic for the game plan everything went into a bit of a spin. My nice nursie said that she was concerned that maybe I was going to ovulate naturally so I was to get myself an ovulation testing kit and test as soon as I got home.
I should have left work earlier...I didn't expect it to be so hard. I tried the supermarket and my local chemist but no luck. Seven chemists later I finally got hold of a set of 5 for $65!!
Thats an excessive amount I know but I grabbed it and raced home. I quickly told Action man about the drama before he went to work (night shift) and he suggested a quick shag before he went just in case I had ovulated. Once that was over and he had left (3 minutes later!) I tested my wee and guess what? It was bloody negative. I hadn't ovulated at all. So then I had to get the bloody trigger injection out of the fridge and race to my mother in law's house (nurse) so that she could give me the injection. (That one looks a bit big for me to give to myself, weak I know).
It's all happening on Saturday. This is the fastest cycle ever, I wonder if the minor surgery I had has anything to do with it. This time we are defrosting two embryos. It's the first time in 7 attempts that we will have put more than one in. I'm fairly excited and feeling quite positive.

Onto other news...

I'd like to pay my respects on this post to the two lads who are stuck beneath the earth in a mine in Beaconsfield in the North of Tasmania (a 45 min drive from where I live). One of the blokes down there was in my year at high school, he has a wife and 3 kids waiting for him to be rescued. For those of you who have not heard, there are two men who have been surviving in the dark under the earth for more than a week after an earth tremor caused a rock fall which trapped them in the metal cage which they were working from. The metal cage is designed to protect them from rock fall as they work the machinery to dig tunnels. Looks like it did it's job. Miners have been digging for days but due to hazardous conditions the progress has been slow. Contact was made with the men 2 nights ago so we know they are alive and a small tunnel was dug through which food and other supplies are being sent. Imagine it. I really hope they will be O.K. Our community waits and waits and each day the people in charge of the digging say it will be another 48 hours. They are doing all they can. It really is amazing that these guys are alive, lets hope they survive.

3 Comments:

  • Wow, I saw the report about the miners yesterday (it was on Good Morning America)-I really hope that everything goes well and they are quickly rescued. Did you know the guy well?

    Countdown to transfer day-hope all goes well for you-plus, a little quickie sex will do wonders, right?

    Ah.......sex........

    By Blogger S, at 5:37 am  

  • GOOD LUCK with your big, fat, beautiful follie AND the transfer. I hope this is your dream come true.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 am  

  • Oh...I hadn't heard of the miners. I sure hope that they are saved! Sounds good that they can reach them for food and air. Please keep us posted (I hadn't heard of that in the US)...

    Good luck with the transfer and a quickie every now and then doesn't hurt either! :)

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 7:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home