Baby! Where are you?

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I just feel like writing this

2006 is gone and as it passed us by Action Man and I had a moment. On new years eve, awaiting the count down while listening to Michael Franti at the Falls Festival, Action man took me in his arms and hugged me so tight. He said the stuff of dreams for me...that we have finally reached a point where everything looks like it might be great, that he can't believe that 2006 is nearly over and he is hugging me with a big belly and that he feels like he finally has his Betty back. A.M hasn't called me Betty for ages. It was the nickname he gave me when I learned to snowboard about 8 years ago. A female boarder was called a shred betty in those days. He called me Betty because he was proud of me for learnig something which I initially found scary and hard. Betty stuck and for a while many of our friends were used to my nickname. In the last few years Betty has slipped away for Action Man and he had to deal with some different parts of my personality that had never been revealed in the days of Bettydom.
I'm pleased to agree with A.M. I think Betty is back as well. She doesn't seem as stressed, little things don't get to her like they did, she is not so worried about the future and is able to go with the flow again. Betty isn't angry with her body any more and she feels so much better about her self worth, it's unbelievable.
Thankyou unborn baby of ours. You are not born yet but already you have bought so much to our lives.

13 Comments:

  • What a sweet story... I can't wait to get back to being myself... I know my husband and my 8 yr old want it too... it's overwhelming how much we change while trying to battle... not that it's all bad, but so very different from our real selves.

    By Blogger Melzie, at 9:21 am  

  • That's terrific! A very happy new year to you, AM, and little Betty-boo.

    By Blogger Kris, at 11:29 am  

  • Can't wait to be there myself again one day soon! good tyo hear from you at last :) Happy New Year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 am  

  • Can't wait to be there myself again one day soon! good tyo hear from you at last :) Happy New Year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 am  

  • Can't wait to be there myself again one day soon! good tyo hear from you at last :) Happy New Year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 am  

  • Oh Betty - I am so glad to hear you have made peace with yourself. I was tired of being angry with my body too - but at the same time feeling sorry for it for taking so much crap from me.

    I hope you have a lovely 2007. Happy baby dreams to you. :)

    PS. Somebody needs to tell artblog to F-off.

    By Blogger Drew, at 1:34 pm  

  • Oh I am terribly sorry - Artblog - I thought you are one of those computer generated webblogs (because it appeared so many times) - I didnt realise you are a real person - I am such a bitch - please forgive me for saying what I said. :( I feel so bad.

    By Blogger Drew, at 1:36 pm  

  • BLOODY BLOGGER! tried to post last night a million tilmes it seems, it wouldnt take so I gave up! Then I see they ALL appear today!!!!!!!!! please delete the "surplus" comments betty. And dont worry Drew, I understand! Thanks for being big enough to write me an email and apologize :)

    Damn, damn blogger!!! See why I changed to Wordpress!

    By Blogger Class of 92, at 10:05 pm  

  • See what I mean! I tried signing in with my Artblog account THREE times and it kept screwing up! In case you havent had enough of me, class92 is me, Artblog. Thats another blog my old schoolfriends and I have.

    SO sorry for all these useless comments filling up your post. PLEASE delete them ALL. I would have sent you an email but you have none listed.

    SORRY :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 pm  

  • Betty,

    Happy New Years, indeed! It is one of the unforseen gifts of pregnancy after IF -- to refind yourself. The person that was so hidden behind all the battle wounds of IF. Welcome "home!"

    What a year this will be for you and Action Man!

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 11:29 am  

  • Gorgeous Betty. It is a very special time for you and A.M. Enjoy.

    By Blogger Eggs Akimbo, at 10:12 pm  

  • Betty,
    How are things going? When are you due? I hope you will post when little Action Baby makes his/her grand entry!

    I remember I didn't post much at all while pregnant as I didn't feel right doing so when so many others were struggling so much, but now I blog to keep my sanity and to remember that there are lots of friends out there that do want to keep updated. I hope you will return someday too.

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 2:49 am  

  • how are you doing Betty? Long time no hear. Write me here and catch me up, artblog06@yahoo.fr

    Warm wishes

    Artblog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home