Baby! Where are you?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yipee!!

Yipee I am officially pregnant!!!
I am officially normal (just like every other pregnant woman now-if you forget about the baggage) and hopefully today was my last trip to Hobart for IVF...For a very long time!
One strong heartbeat. Two relieved parents to be.
I think the good Dr.B was also relieved. He looked really nervous. He said he picked up our file this morning and realised how big it had become. I bet he is glad to see the back of us, we haven't been great for his stats!
After the scan Dr.B gave us some photos of the blob and insisted that we took them to the clinic to show the nurses. We did this. I must say I couldn't wipe this stupid goofy grin off my face.
Action Man has renamed the little thing Thector which is a combination of Hector and Thelma. I'm not sure that that is a particulary cute or tasteful pet name but it will do!
Righto, I'm going back to my cloud nine (actually I need to go and sleep).
Thanks for your well wishes.
Yipee!

12 Comments:

  • Congrats on being officially pregnant.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 11:40 pm  

  • A healthy heartbeat...isn't it awesome? Now I can say it: CONGRATULATIONS!

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 1:31 am  

  • Yippee, indeed! Congratulations!

    By Blogger Kris, at 11:43 am  

  • Awesome Betty! So, so cool.

    By Blogger Eggs Akimbo, at 5:06 pm  

  • Betty - sister - congrats! Me too! :) Excellent news for you and Actionman.

    By Blogger Drew, at 7:52 pm  

  • vCongratulations!!!!

    By Blogger LiL Moo & Mee, at 4:21 pm  

  • Thanks for the nice comment.

    I sell a bit of my knitting in the CWA gift shop in town.

    We may have to meet or you could come along to the SnB (groups.msn.com/snb-launceston) get together in the school holidays we could meet there and we could come to an arrangement and I could make you some baby knitwear.

    Coming along would be good as you could also get to meet some of the other local knit bloggers.

    Drop in and have a cuppa with us.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 6:14 pm  

  • wonderful news betty. I'm so pleased to hear about the heartbeat.

    By Blogger Thalia, at 9:07 pm  

  • Betty I've got my e-mail on my profile page now if you would like to get in touch.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 4:21 pm  

  • CONGRATS :)

    By Blogger Family Ties, at 11:51 am  

  • whoo hoo. Officially pregnant is wonderful - well done hun, well done.

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 7:10 am  

  • Hoping for an update! :)

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 1:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home