Baby! Where are you?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

This is how I feel:

I have known that I am pregnant for 5 days and here are 5 things I am feeling:

1. Glad- not to be planning (stressing) what to do if the next cycle doesn't work.
2. Strange- not to be thinking about dates to start taking drugs and planning it around events in my life.
3. Content- when I believe this could be the end of one big struggle.
4. Scared- when I worry that other new struggles could come my way (I think I have been programmed now to believe I will struggle).
5. Amazed - that I finally feel entitled to dare open the pages of a pregnancy book to learn about the development of my baby.

My friend Jude often talks about living in the now, forgetting the troubles of the past and not being controlled by the worries of the future. Jude said right NOW is the best time for me to focus on the NOW. I think she could be spot on and that is what I am going to try my very best to do!

4 Comments:

  • Sweetie - I am so happy for you. What ever you do - please try to enjoy every single second. It is so very precious. Congratulations to you both. Well done!

    By Blogger Bugsy, at 9:47 pm  

  • Jude has such great advice -- to focus on the NOW! But, it is so very hard to forget the struggle you took to get here and hard not to worry about what is ahead.

    I remember assuming that I would have a hard pregnancy since it was so hard to get there...and still shocked that it was a relatively "easy" one! Hoping yours is even easier!

    By Blogger lucky #2, at 4:05 am  

  • Yes! Enjoy the now!

    By Blogger Kris, at 9:34 am  

  • BEST of luck to you, try to enjoy it, really glad it worked :) Regards.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home