Baby! Where are you?

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Quiety quietly

I'm at my Mum and Dad's house having a very quiet little celebration so I'm using their computer. Mum is blabbing in my ear so I will be fast!
Action man and I are feeling very pleased with ourselves and fairly calm today but we are also aware of the fragility of the tiny life forming inside me. We have seen a bit of sadness amongst our friends and have read of stuggle in blog world so the last thing we want to do is assume we have this 'in the bag'.
Yesterday we told a few people our great news and it was such a joyful experience. We told some family and some close friends who have been with us all the way on this journey, who have dished out 1000 hugs and mopped up lake fulls of tears, but most importantly have always encouraged us to keep going. We feel that our story belongs almost as much to these people as it does to us. Other than telling these people we intend to keep our news quiet for a long time.

Unfortunately I need to write this bit on my blog and I must admit I find it sad to have to do so. For a long time now Action man and I have known that somebody who we know personally has been reading this blog. I won't go into how we know. It's quite disappointing that this person barely says hello to us when she sees us but feels it necessary to follow the details of our struggle in such a sneaky way. When all is said and done there have been bigger things to worry about and I really don't have control over who reads this which is on a public space anyway. But it is a shame that she does read it. This person isn't someone we would be telling of our pregnancy just yet.
Action Man and I both wish her up and coming birth of her baby girl to be a safe and happy event, but, we also hope that she honours our desire to keep this wonderful news of ours to herself because to us it is very special and very sacred.

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations Betty. I am so, so happy for you,. It is early days, you are right but it is awesome news!

    By Blogger Eggs Akimbo, at 7:38 am  

  • Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Enjoy this time- and enjoy sharing in the joy of your close friends and family.

    By Blogger Kris, at 10:09 am  

  • Congratulations on the wonderful news.

    Good wishes and good luck for the coming months.

    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home